Thursday, March 16, 2023

Just Made

Water is renewing.  The recent rains have washed away the heavy coat of pollen, given the grass a new green, and somehow seemed to have cleaned the air making it smell fresh as if it was just made.  What it does to the creation is truly amazing.  The branch which runs between here and the paved road is now full and acts like a strong stream instead of what we know as the runoff branch.  The rain did not seem to bother the cows and chickens, they just kept on eating and doing their thing as if they were children out playing in the rain.   I seldom walk in the rain without thinking of baptism.  

With the rain coming down all around me, it is easy to lift up hands in praise to God for the way He brings renewal to our souls.   When I am out in the rain and really getting doused I think of the day I left a very troubling appointment in one place to begin anew in another one.  When I got to the county line of the old church I had planned to get out and shake the dust from my feet, but it was raining.  So, I got out, let the water wash over me, and prayed aloud, "Lord, wash me and cleanse me and make me as new."  Perhaps, it was a day when God felt it would be better for me to be washed all over rather than just my feet getting shook free of dust!  

Many have been the times when I have been caught out in a rain and chose to walk it home rather than run.  As children we loved to get soaked in the rain.  We seem to avoid it all cost as adults.  But, maybe it is good for us once in awhile if we can allow it to be the Voice of God speaking to us about what he wants to do in our life.  Surely, one of those things He would want to do in us and through us is to make us feel so fresh it seems like we were just made!

No comments: