Monday, December 15, 2014

The Dreaded Conversation

"Please sit down, Joseph.  There is something I need to tell you.  Now, don't say a word.  Just listen.  Please.  Let me finish.  Hear everything I have to say.  I don't think I can say it more than once.  I've been thinking about it for weeks now and I just need you to listen.  And, to understand.  Please.  I...well,...there is no easy way to say it so I will just blurt it out.  I know you are not going to understand all this, Joseph, but try.  Please.  I wish there was some other way, but I'm afraid there is not...No, now, please, don't try to say anything. 
 
What I have to tell you is this.  You see,..well...it's just that....it's just that I am pregnant.  Now wait.  Sit back down.  I know what you are thinking, but it is not true.  At least not all of what you are thinking.  You and I both know the father is not you, but Joseph, it is not anyone else either.  I have done nothing to bring shame on you.  Please wait, let me finish.  A few months ago I saw an angel who said his name was Gabriel.  He told me he had a message from God.  Now I know this sounds strange,...it was strange when it happened.  What was the message?  Well, he told me I was favored by God and would have a child who would be put in me by the Holy Spirit.   And, he said I should name the child Jesus because He would be Son of God.  So, there it is.  That's why I have been acting strange the last few months.  I wanted to tell you, but I was afraid.
 
Please,...Joseph....please...I know you are upset.  I know you feel hurt.  But, I have not betrayed you.  You have to believe me.  Please say something.  Don't just sit there.  Say something!  Please.  Wait, Joseph.  Please don't just get up and go.  Please don't go.  Say something.  Say it is going to be alright.  Say you understand.  Say something.  Wait, please...wait....Joseph, please don't go.  Joseph!  Joseph!"

No comments: