Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Neighbors

"There they go.  I hear they are on their way to Bethlehem.  Joseph's home."

"That's what I hear, too. Hope she makes it.  Looks like she is going to have that baby any minute."

"They tell me her Momma was really upset with her about getting pregnant and that Joseph came within a hair of leaving her high and dry."

"Kinda hard to tell.  With all the talk, you can't help but wonder if poor old Joseph there isn't going to be raising some other man's baby.  Such a nice man.  Sure deserved better than she did him."

"Well, it won't be the first time.  And, I don't guess it will be the last, but it sure is a shame that she shamed her family like she did."

"Well now, her grandma, you know, she told me everyone was alright with everything.  She said she believed that God was going to bless them"

"Guess we will have to wait and see on that one.  Me?  I can't imagine God being very pleased with that girl. What she has done and all.  And, to think, she used to be such a fine young girl, one who always seemed to be asking questions about the way God delivered our people from tough times."

"She is sure enough in a tough time of her own.  Maybe she will find out first hand how God delivers people from them.  With what she has done, she may need more than her share of mercy."

"Well, enough said.  Let me get this water back home before old Rueben starts thinking I have been up to no good."

No comments: