Monday, October 30, 2023

The Way Home

Dear heart of mine
   which thinks of what should be
      instead of what really is.
        I thank you for caring 
          for all the memories
            which come from the past
and seek a home in the present.

O Keeper of stored treasures,
    it is time to turn the pages,
     to find the blank white ones
       ready now to tell, not the old,
         but the new stories, not written,
           out there, but still not seen,
those taking root with a spirit of hope.

O Lover of my soul,   
    my long time Comforter,
      the One who leads on the road
        walked now for more years
          than could ever be counted,
             never causing an aimless step,
know of my heartfelt gratitude.

Father God, Savior of my soul,    
    from before the days of darkness
      in the womb, You planned for me
        and now Your plan still unfolds
           into the days and months,
             the years unknown to me,
but known by You as You take me Home.


No comments: