Thursday, February 25, 2021

Bees in the Peach Tree

On my way from the blueberry patch where Spring cleaning was taking place, I encountered a strong humming sound as I neared the blooming peach tree.  While I almost walked on by to wherever it was that the morning was taking me, the noise brought me to moment of looking for the source of the noise.  It was a noise that I remembered from a day long ago and as eyes begin to focus on the individual blooms, I saw the young honey bees slipping inside the petals for a long taste of the goodness placed there long ago by the Creator.     

To some bees are stinging creatures which are to be feared, but if there is any friend of humanity in the creation, it is the small insignificant looking bee.  They are literally instrumental in the production of our food.  Without them, we would find ourselves looking for food that is no longer there.  Midst the busy humming under the peach tree, I stood as one who seemed as the insignificant one in the created order.    

Actually, every one of us and each part of the created order is a significant and important part of the creation in which we all live and by which we are all sustained.  God did not put us in this place to live alone, nor did He intend for us to live thinking that creation is out there for me.  Instead, each living part of creation lives connected and in relationship to every other living thing.  It is the way the created order was put in place by the Creator and to live with any other attitude speaks both of arrogance and disrespect for the Creator.  

No comments: