Monday, December 24, 2018

An Overheard Conversation

"Is it time yet?  I have been watching for some time now.  I saw them in Bethlehem, but that is no surprise.  I knew it would not happen until they got there.  We have known where they were heading long before they started the journey.  So, I want to know if it is time.  Are we going to have to keep up this endless thing of watching and waiting for what we have been told was going to happen since the beginning of creation?  I don't know how she can wait much longer.  The last time I got a good look, she was having some serious pains.  It just can't be much longer, can it?'
 
"I wouldn't think so.  I heard through the grapevine that a choral group has already been sent out to wake up some shepherds near Bethlehem.  Are they ever going to be surprised!  Rumor has it that they are set to be the first ones to go and worship, but someone has got to go and tell them to go.  It seems that this is now in motion so it shouldn't be too long.  But, you never know.  When I ask upstairs where the big decisions are made all I hear is, "The time is not yet fully come."  Some one ought to tell Mary.  She certainly looks like the time has fully come.  I am with you.  It can't be very long.  Soon, very soon, is what I would say."
 
"Hey, you two need to be quiet.  Settle down.  I know you are new to this angel stuff, but that is no excuse for acting in a manner unbecoming to being an angel.  When He is ready, He will be ready. Not a minute before.  Just hang on.  What I hear is that if we are quiet, we will be able to hear in the silence of the night the first cry of the boy being born in Bethlehem.  Patience, now.  Listen, it will not be long.  Very soon the story will begin.  You will hear His cry in the night, but you must listen."

No comments: