Friday, December 15, 2017

What's That, Lord?

"What's that, Lord?.....Could You say that again?  Not sure I got it....Ok, You want to know what I am going to do about what I read a few days ago.  I guess You are talking about that conversation John the Baptist had with some of those who were out to be baptized.....Yes, I remember.  They asked John what they should do and he said, "Whoever has two coats must share with anyone who has none..."...What's that, Lord?...You want to know what I am going to do about what I read....Well, I underlined it so I can go back and read it again sometime. 
 
What's that, Lord?...You don't see what is so difficult to understand....Well, no it's not.  I get it.  I am supposed to share what I have with those who don't have anything.....Now wait a minute.  You shouldn't be asking me.  Don't You think it is a kinda personal?...You don't?...I didn't figure You would.  Well, I'll tell you.  I figured I had three or four coats, but just to be sure, I went to the closet and counted....What's that, Lord?...You want to know how many.  You want me to honest....Well, ok, I counted and I was wrong.  I have seven coats, but most of them, Lord, are really old.  The oldest is almost twenty years old and the newest I bought about seven years ago.  So, I got seven, Lord. But, it is not what it seems.
 
What's that?...You want to know what I am going to do with seven coats when some people have none....Well, You know, Lord, not a one of them is like new.  I don't just go and buy a new coat every year....What's that, Lord?.....What do You want me to do?  Give half of them away, or maybe you want me to only keep one.  Which is it, Lord?...What's that, Lord?...You want me to decide what I am going to do.  It is up to me.  Tell you what, Lord.  You tell me what to do and I will do it when this cold snap is past.  How does that sound, Lord?...Lord?....Lord?...Hey, Lord, You still listening? 

No comments: