Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Daily Blessings

Early this morning before the sun was hinting about its arrival, I woke from my slumbering to dance with a poem which seemed eager for the white space of a page.  But, alas, the more we danced, the more illusive it became.  Somehow we never could find that good space between the images in my spirit and the words which came from my head.  So, finally, after much regret, I left my partner for what may or may not be another day.   

It reminded me of my sermon writing days.  There were times when the sermon simply leaped from the keyboard and there were times when the page stayed empty no matter how much energy was directed toward it.  Writing sermons, or poems, is sometimes easy and sometimes impossible. I remember reading from one writer who shared that every one of her before writing moments was filled with a pause of prayer to ask the Creator God to be present in the time of writing which was presenting itself.  

It is such good advice for all of us as we seek to begin whatever work which is before us.  The source of our creativity and the source of our energy is always in the hands of the Father God who made us.  To ask for divine help in the work is a way of recognizing that we do indeed do nothing apart from the blessings He bestows upon us.  

No comments: