Thursday, September 22, 2022

Alike but Different

As the day was drawing to a close and sending its last lights across the sky, I paused in my journey from here to there to stand in awe at the glory being unleashed in the western sky.  While every evening has its own unique glory, the sense of awe was amplified as it came to me that no one on earth was seeing what I was seeing from my vantage point here at the farm.  This is not to say that people throughout the countryside were not standing in awe at the evening beauty, instead, it is to say that no one could see it exactly as God was revealing it to me.    

This does not make me special.  It actually affirms the opposite.  What made it possible for me to see what no one else could see was the place God had put me in the moment of beholding His glory in the heavens.  I was amazed at what I was seeing and then even more amazed that no one else could see what I was seeing exactly as I was seeing it.  They would have had to stand in my shoes to see what I was seeing and even then a difference in height or stature would change the view.  It is not something that happens special here, but everywhere for each one of us is blessed with a view of the glory that is unique to the place and moment we stand.    

Surely, it is a reminder to us that each one of us beholds the glory of God as He reveals Himself to us in a different way and surely it is a reminder that the way His voice is heard in the air around us is a unique part of the relationship we have with Him.  There may be times we wish that someone could hear or see the revealed presence of God as we do, but it can never be.  He has not only put us in a unique spot in the creation, but He has also blessed us with a soul that experiences our life with Him in a way different from any other soul brought into being by the blessing of His hand.

No comments: