Sunday, May 30, 2021

A Personal Word

This morning a friend from a church where I served as pastor sent a message telling me that his ninety-two year old father read these JourneyNotes.  I am often surprised how these notes go to the unexpected places and am encouraged each time I receive such a message.  When I started writing JourneyNotes, I was serving a church and I knew that most of the people who read them were members of my congregation.  Retirement changed all this.    

I remember the ten different congregations that I have served over the 43 years of ministry and still names and faces linger in my memory.  As I write each blog posting, I know some of the people who read them, but there are so many who read whom I will never know.  I wish there was some way I could see those faces and know those names for each one is a part of an invisible congregation who bless me by taking the time to share in the ministry offered through JourneyNotes.    

This brings me to a request.  What I would like to ask is for you to let me know where you live and who you are.  It will not be like seeing a face, but it will enable me to know something about the people who sit in the pews of JourneyNotes.  At the end of each blog post there is a place marked "comment."  I would like to ask you to click on the word and leave a note telling me where you live and in ten words or less something about yourself.  Hearing from you will bring great blessing to me and I want to express appreciation for the encouragement you give to me through reading these notes.  I pray they will be used by our Father God for blessing in your spiritual life.  

No comments: