Sunday, March 21, 2021

What is not Known

 A few mornings ago I ran into some words from Oswald Chambers that brought me to a stop.  From "My Utmost for His Highest," he said, "Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading.  It is a life of faith, not of intellect and reason, but a life of knowing Who makes us 'go.' "  In the moment of the reading it seemed that I had found a word which expressed what I had been trying to articulate for days.     

In the earlier days of my walk with Jesus, I saw myself as one who had an idea of where the journey was going to take me, but now in this season which is coming more toward the other end of my living, I realize how little I knew and how much there is to know.   While it may seem to us in the beginning that our journey of faith is filled with things which speak of our plans, it truly is more accurate to say that the journey of faith simply is constantly unfolding into the future God is giving us.   

As it is with you, so is it with me.  There are things about my present moment with the One who has called me to Himself that I could not have imagined.  Things which seemed so permanent have been taken away and things never anticipated have been given.  Looking back enables me to see it has never been a straight line journey, but one filled with twisting turns which kept me from seeing and knowing what was ahead.  Chambers nailed it when he said, "Faith never knows where it is being led..."  So it was with Abraham and all of the rest of us who have walked the road he walked.  

No comments: