Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Huge Limb

When I first saw it, the wind and the rain were gone and bright morning sunshine filled the place. While everything seemed to fare the overnight storm, the huge pecan tree was the exception.  A huge limb as long as the old tree was tall snapped from the top up next to the trumk, but instead of falling to the ground, it simply hung there perpendicular to the ground with its outer branch canopy holding it upright on the ground.  Immediately, it was obvious that it was too dangerous to mess with from the ground with a mere chainsaw.  So, I watched it and wondered what to do.
 
The answer came a few days later.  After a few days away from the farm, the first thing I saw upon driving up was that huge pecan limbs laying on the ground.  Parallel, not perpendicular.  Now it was easy prey to a noisy chainsaw.  It reminded me that every problem does not have to be resolved today.  The truth is some cannot be figured out and handled today.  They have to wait on their time to come. 
 
The old pecan tree on the ground became a lesson to this ruminating farmer that patience is something required by someone who wants to pray well.  Too often as I pray about what I perceive to be huge problems and difficulties, I am quick to tell God what He must to do.  It is hard for me to accept the place time has in the plan of God.  What I know is that He does not share my sense of urgency about the stuff of my life.  Sometimes He may take some time to lay my unmanageable problems at my feet and sometimes He never even seems to get around to doing much about them.  But, I am coming to a place of knowing that when the time is right for the story being written, a mysterious wind will blow and things impossible will become possible.

No comments: