Monday, December 16, 2013

Advent XVI (Isaiah 35:1-10)

Lord, this Word of Yours is truly amazing.  It makes me remember that moment when You told the Pharisees that if the people were silent, the stones would shout out.  Reading this Word  makes me want to shout out, raise my hands in the air, and dance...and all at the same time!  Lord, I want to add my voice to the voices of the wilderness and the desert in the rejoicing and the singing.  You indeed are full of majesty and glory!  Midst the joyous sounds of all creation praising You and giving glory to You, O Lord, please give Your ear to hear the praise which is springing from a heart that is filled with the wonder of all that You have brought into being.
 
Make my voice louder, Father.  Make my praise deeper.  Make the joy coming forth from within even more complete.  May my hands never tire from being raised in praise and adoration to You and may my knees never ache when bent before You.  O Father God, grant me the blessing of hearing the angels of heaven shout and declare, "Here is Your God!...He will come and save you!"   Overwhelm me with Your holy presence, Father, even more than I am overwhelmed in this present moment.  For the blessing of seeing Your glory and knowing Your majesty, my heart is filled beyond measure with praise and thanksgiving.
 
Thank You, Father God, for the assuring promise that You intend to bring blessings of wholeness to me and to others like me in need of Your touch.  Thank You, Holy Father, for the promise of life giving waters breaking forth in ways that can only be described as the miraculous evidences of Your power.  Oh, my soul is beyond the power of human praise as I consider the works of Your hand and heart.  Thank You for the blessings of joy and gladness and singing and choosing to claim me as Your own.  All praise to You, Almighty and Holy God!  All praise to You.  Amen.

No comments: