Before the rising sun came,
the dream that tagged along,
went, and I wondered, where?
Is it so for the other old men?
Do they dream dreams like me
to wake and watch them flee
before the cock a doodle do?
'Twas such a good one, too,
this now gone dream of mine.
I long to find it in memory,
to know again it is mine,
but, alas, what has come
like all things that are here,
is gone to be no more.
If dreams reveal our soul,
I must venture forth now
without knowing the way
which in the dark unfolded.
Must I now step amiss
and stumble on some path
not intended for this day?
O, Revealer, of all that is,
of all that is not yet to be,
guide these faltering feet,
make the dream a vision
wider than a single night,
one that will show the way
to this searching soul of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment