Sunday, July 26, 2026

Lay Him There

"Lay him there, " He said.
And I said, "Are You sure?
He's a good boy, You know,
Gathered all the wood below.
When asked, he always does.
How 'bout we talk this over
Like reasonable folks do?"

"Once more, lay him there."
"But, Lord, he's all I got.
You promised him long ago
to me and a barren woman.
If's he gone, how will she 
live without him, and with me.
I'll have no heir,  and no hope." 

I said, "Lay him there!
What can't you understand?
Who do you think I am?
A liar and  deceiver,
A breaker of promises?
I promised You blessings.
Why can you not believe?"

"Once again, lay him there!"
So loud He spoke, I awoke,
A shaking body by Sarah.
Freed now to breathe again,
Still afraid, but now I know
Who has spoken in the dream
and so I will lay him there.

(Genesis 22:1-19)

No comments: