Monday, August 24, 2026

Come, Mortal.

"Mortal, I have come, it is time."
"Time for what?" I quickly said.
"Time for you to come and leave
what is behind for what is ahead."
"I cannot.  Go away.  Leave me be
for I have things to do, places to go, 
a life full of stuff not yet done."
 
"Go!  Go now, and quickly!" I said, 
I have no time for You in this day."
"Ah, but do you not yet know
that time is not what you have?
The times that comes and goes
is now no more and all that is left
is the time set aside for leaving"
 
"Call me not, Mortal, for I am more.
See these words that are on my walls,
I have a name, I have titles and awards.
I am honored by others, respected, too.
When I speak, others know to listen.
Call me not, Mortal, for as you see,
I am not just anyone, but someone."
 
"Mortal, all you say matters not, 
it is time. Not for anyone or someone,
but for you it is the appointed time."
"Please, wait a day," I cried aloud,
"I have things to do for those I love.
Important words I have not yet said."
"Mortal, come now." And so I went. 

No comments: