Saturday, February 18, 2023

A Revival Prayer

"Lord, I wonder what it is like for You to see thousands of people leaving all those important things in their lives which consumed their time and placed retrictions on what they could and could not do and going to that place where Your glory is overwhelming every physical barrier and every human notion of what it is to stand in the midst of Your holy presence.   I wonder, too, Lord, what it must be like for You to receive such an outpouring of praise and worship from the people Whom You have called to gather in that place filled with what we call Shekinah glory.  I wonder, Lord, if it warms Your heart even as it warms mine to be on this side of what You are doing.    

I praise You, Father God, I praise You for this incredible gift of grace You are giving to us.  I praise You, Jesus the Son, for the way You are leading people out of the darkness and into Your marvellous Light.  And, I praise You, Holy Spirit, for the drawing power You are sending forth to bring Your people into this moment of holy presence.  I praise You!  Though I am here and not there, I praise You with all those who are raising their hands and hearts in the midst of the glory, I praise You along with the angels who are in the heavenly place accompanying the praise of Your people here, and I praise you along with the saints, the cloud of heavenly witneesses who must surely be dancing around the throne.    

I praise You, Holy Father, Blessed Son, ever present Holy Spirit.  I pray You will hold back the veil between here and there until everyone You have drawn has come and walks away filled with heavenly glory.  And, I thank You, Father God, for doing what we cannot understand, for blessing so many in ways that will be remembered and have sustaining power until breath leaves their body, and for the way what is happening midst the called people will give life again to Your Church.  Blessed be the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  Amen."

No comments: