Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Name That Tune

Last night as I put my head on the pillow waiting for sleep to come, a phrase from a gospel song suddenly showed up in my mind along with the tune.  So, as we sometimes do, I sang the words in the quietness of my mind.  It was indeed the kind of singing no one could hear.   The singing of that one phrase led to the one that followed it and within a minute or so I was remembering and quietly singing a song I had not heard or sung since a child.  It was a comforting song.  At the time I thought it was like a prayer.  I went to sleep with this song of faith stirring my heart and memory.
 
About dark tonight I remembered the moment.  I had gone through the whole day without that holy moment being remembered.  It surprised me that I had not thought about it much earlier in the day.  But, I had not.  The whole day passed before I remembered that moment of praying through an old song.  The only problem is I cannot remember the song.  I just remember the moment.  I just remember it having happened.  The words, the tune, the name of the song was all remembered so clearly last night as I was about to go to sleep, but today it is completely gone.  Try as I might, I cannot force my mind to bring it back into conscious thought.
 
I wish I knew.  I would like to remember.  I remember thinking I would write it down in my journal.  I wonder if anyone can help me.  Remember the story of Daniel interpreting the dream of Nebuchadnezzar.  The King had a dream he wanted interpreted, but he would not tell the wise men who might interpret it the actual dream.  Their challenge was to interpret a dream they did not know.  Only Daniel was up to the task.  But, as the story unfolds in the second chapter of Daniel, it was the Lord who revealed the dream and the interpretation to Daniel.  Just wondering.  Anyone with a Daniel like connection who might help me remember that song?

No comments: