Sunday, December 5, 2021

Helpers

When I started writing this blog back in 2008, it never occurred to me to write over three hundred blog postings in a year.  Back then five or six a month was more than enough.  But, as is always the case, things change.  Retirement came.  Standing behind the pulpit was no longer an option.  I suppose some might say the Lord took away the preaching ministry and set me forth on this blogging ministry.  It has provided me a means of being faithful to the call placed on my life when I was a teenager ready to graduate high school.  And, it has also kept me thinking which is important in any season of our life.    

In the beginning it seemed inconceivable to write daily, but as this year comes to a conclusion it will be the fifth year of writing more than 300 within the span of a year.  Writing that many means that a few have possibly been good, a few more have been average, and a great many do not need to be read but one time.  What I have recognized is that the name given to the blog long years ago has proved to be a good one.  More and more I am understanding that nothing about life is about getting there, but instead, everything is about the going.    

Some days I am tempted to quit.  In those moments I think of the people who have told me they bear with me each day in the reading of what I have written.  These folks I have come to think of us as my new congregation.  There was a time when it seemed that I would write and cast what was written out in the wind, but now I have come to a place of seeing the faces of those who read and often find some way to offer a word of encouragement.  When I write, I now see faces from the past and the present and I am indebted to each for being helpers in my going forward.  

No comments: